History

The Palauig Central School (PCS) is a public school in Palauig, Province of Zambales. The lot was a public land cultivated by the late Gabriel Calzado before it became a public school in the early part of 1900. Later it became DepEd property through the Municipal Resolution No. 18 series of 1993 of the Sangguniang Bayan, Palauig, Zambales. It has a total area of 12, 409 sq. m. located in West Poblacion, Palauig, Zambales.

The first building was built through the efforts of concerned parents in the community. Its materials such as wooden pillars, etc., were bought as admission requirements to school, but during the Japanese occupation, classes were suspended due to the war.

During the time of Commonwealth, the Home Economics bldg. and the Gabaldon Bldg. was built but unluckily burned during the early part of 1950 and replaced recently by a Deloso Type Bldg. (1988).

Under the Marcos Regime, the PCS continued to flourish in terms of physical facilities. Five (5) Marcos type Bldg. with three (3) rooms each (1970), RP-US Bldg. (1974) and Bagong Lipunan Bldg. (1983) were built.

In 1992, the Province of Zambales suffered under the wrath of Mt. Pinatubo. PCS then became an evacuation center of the Zambaleños from the south.

In the year 2010, there are fourteen (14) Bldgs. including the District Supervisor’s Bldg. with twenty-one (21) teachers, one (1) administrative aide, one (1) pre-elem. teacher and one (1) SPED teacher under the supervision of Mr. Richard A. Doctolero, Elementary School Principal IV.

A two-storey building with six classrooms was built in 2017 by Mr. Sonny Chiong, Elementary School Principal III.